Useful advice and financial help

Financial help

You may be entitled to a bereavement allowance.  Eligibility is explained here.  Citizens advice bureau (CAB) may be able to help, if needed.

Other useful links

Government advice is here.  This site also has information on death abroad and the 'Tell us once' scheme where it is possible to make one notification and all other government bodies (tax, DVLA, passports, DWP, local council) are automatically passed the information.

Help the aged has an advice page here.

There are many sites including financial advice for organisations that need notification and pro forma letters by making a web search for 'what to do when someone dies.'

Additional information